Accessing behavioral health services can seem daunting, but you don’t have to do it alone!
Eagle Valley Behavioral Health has partnered with Eagle County Community Paramedics, the Katz Amsterdam Foundation and the The Colorado Health Foundation to bring community behavioral health navigation services to the Eagle River Valley. A behavioral health navigator is trained to walk you through the navigation process. All you have to do is call!
What is Behavioral Health Navigation?
Behavioral health navigation is a new service that helps Eagle River Valley residents navigate the complex system of behavioral health care and connects people to available resources that best meet their needs when they experience barriers to access. It is intended to be a short-term service that can connect you to long-term, sustainable solutions.
A Behavioral Health Navigator can:
- Connect you to a therapist
- Connect you to drug and alcohol treatment
- Help you understand treatment options
- Help you understand insurance benefits and associated costs
- Help you explore financial alternatives
- Offer short-term care coordination
- Connect you to long-term care
- Connect you to additional community resources, such as childcare support or housing options
A Behavioral Health Navigator DOES NOT provide:
- Mental health therapy
- Crisis services
- Case management for clients who are referred for social needs that are not primarily related to behavioral health (i.e. housing, food resources)
- Translation and interpretation (navigation services are available in Spanish)
- Legal services
Services Offered Include:
- Short, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Making healthy choices
- Positive thinking
- Controlling anger
- Managing stress
Please note that this is a non-clinical service. Behavioral Health Navigators will provide supportive services and have extensive background in behavioral health, but they are not licensed therapists.
The Community Behavioral Health Navigators are housed under Eagle County Community Paramedics, and are co-located in various community-based sites. Services are mobile and can be provided at a convenient location for the client. The navigators are fully bilingual, and the service is absolutely free.
Want to connect to a Community Behavioral Health Navigator?
Please click here to fill out our referral form.
General Email: email@example.com
Phone Number: (970) 926-5270